For many commercial spaces, installing a good air purification system has never been more important. These devices remove pollutants, allergens and toxins from the indoor air to reduce the chances of respiratory infections and other health issues.
In this article, an HVAC repair specialist talks about the important features to look for in a commercial-grade air purifier.
- HEPA filters: High-efficiency particulate air or HEPA filters can trap harmful particles such as dander, pollen, dust mites, tobacco smoke and viruses.
- Carbon filters: In addition to HEPA filters, carbon filters are needed in some commercial spaces to clear the air of gases and chemicals. If a business is close to the road or a wood-burning factory, volatile organic compounds — which are pollutants that HEPA filters cannot catch — will find their way into your space, even with the windows closed. In these cases, opt for a purifier that has a carbon filter to create additional resistance to VOCs.
- Pre-filters: Pre-filters protect HEPA filters from larger particles, helping prolong the lifespan of the HEPA filters. The great thing about pre-filters is that they can be cleaned and reused, unlike normal air filters, according to HVAC maintenance experts.
- Clean air delivery rate: Do not forget to check the clean air delivery rate or CADR of the air purifier you are considering. This rating measures the efficiency of the air purifier to produce clean air, and is provided by the manufacturer.
- Air change per hour. The ACH refers to the number of times the air in a room is replaced with clean air each hour. For instance, a value of 5 ACH means the full volume of air in a room or space is replaced with clean air five times in an hour.
Install a high-performance and energy-efficient air purification system in your commercial space with the help of Dittmer Air and Heat. Our team of technicians can deliver the quality of workmanship and customer service you want. Other services we offer include heat pump repair and maintenance. Call (321) 637-0170 or complete our online form to get started.